Friday, January 21, 2011

Paul Crazy

Just finished preparing for my presentation tomorrow, and it's 4 fucking AM right now. I guess I'll only have 3 hours of sleep as I'll have to get up at 7:30 later on. Well, I didn't choose to start so late but there are just so many Starcraft games to listen to, games to watch, Paul Gilbert songs to listen to.

After all those prep, I realized that I've been doing all my assignments throughout my college life while listening to Paul Gilbert. He's been there everytime I needed someone to accompany through a long, tiring and obviously fruitful night. Also, looking back at my posts last year it seems that my love for Paul has been growing each and every day. Without any doubt, this blog is beginning to really look like a Paul Gilbert tribute site, heheh. AND THAT IS NICE! I WILL SPREAD GILBERTOLOGY throughout the whole world!



Just last night I dreamed about Paul. Meeting him face to face apparently, at some live show his. When I woke up I got kinda scared though. "Why scared?" you may ask. It's probably because I'm almost at the point of idolizing him now. It's like believing in God. Part of what's wonderful about religion is knowing that God is powerful and more importantly.. forgive me for using this word but.. "impossible"? Impossible as in "you won't know he's the real shit until you die" kind of impossible. Knowing that I'll most probably never meet and speak to him face to face kinda upholds this idolatry of mine.

I then imagined really meeting and touching him. I don't know, it's very confusing. It's like I might not think he's unreal and godly anymore. All those nights spent listening to him, scouring for latest youtube videos, interviews, checking his wife's blog everyday... they're almost like the bible to me. This is making less sense by the moment as I speak through my metaphorical pen-_-



Maybe it's like those stuff where once you get it, you don't feel like wanting it anymore. Which makes me feel a bit relieved inside for not meeting Paul yet. Honest. I hope I'm not the only PG fan who sounds this crazy. Hopefully I won't turn out to be his Mark David Chapman. I don't know if this holds true for every other Paul fans, but I don't think I'll talk music to him when I meet him. Maybe I'll bore him with my endless questions about his views on life, philosophy, maybe Starcraft, Asian cultures and all that. At this current moment, I look up to him not as a musician, but as a human being contributing to society... through his music, of course.

Goddamnit, 4:30 am and I'm talking about Paul Gilbert?! Fucking normal.... or am I just, Paul Crazy? Oh oh Paul forgive me, it should've been... GIRL CRAZY!

3 comments:

Vincent said...

bieber fever?

gapnap said...

What is PG's wife's blog ?

I wanna know if he is good in bed

mr. hey said...

vincent: nola, just good ol gilbertology

gapnap: i won't give you the link if you are to taint his reputation!